Welcome to my site! (updated August 31, 2004). Primarily San Francisco Bay Area based. New jobs listed below-- PR, sales and marketing. Stay tuned as I post more PR/marketing related information, links, and the occasional photo-- just for fun!
Also, I'm a member of the Bay Area Publicity Club, and I attend their monthly luncheons when I'm in town. There's a lot of good networking there. Check out http://www.sfpublicityclub.org/ for more info.
So... check it out! Piano is still for sale! Baby Grande; Estey is the brand. $3900. Let me know if you're interested!
Account Supervisor job open at an agency to handle consumer accounts (including SF Symphony, Union Sq. Association, SF Convention/Visitors Bureau, Heald Business College). Pays probably 70-80K. Email resumes firstname.lastname@example.org
Here's an opportunity in New York...Gameloft is owned by Ubisoft. They're a a worldwide developer of video games for cell phones and PDAs....
US-NY-New York City-Communications Manager:
Gameloft is a worldwide developer of video games for mobile phones and PDA's. A leader in its field, Gameloft was founded in 1999 and has offices in more than ten countries.
The range of products developed by Gameloft cover all global formats of mobile telephones. Thanks to its close partnership with Ubi SoftTM Entertainment, Gameloft develops products for best-selling international licenses.
For more information, please visitwww.gameloft.com
Position: Communications Manager
Location: New York City, New York
Duties and Responsibilities:
Group's Corporate Editor
- Write all the Group's corporate literature (presentations, press releases, official statements, internal newsletters).
- Participate to internal terminology and brand names seeking process.
PR Product· Manager for the US
- Develop, manage and implement the Group's PR product strategy in the United States.
- Assign media coverage objectives for each product and organize launches, media interviews, press tours, events. Increase and update press file. Report games reviews.
Corporate· communications Manager for the US
- Be a spokesperson for the Group in the US with media.
- Proactively seek PR opportunities.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- 3 to 5 years of successful experience at similar position within small structure
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Public Relations or Mass Communications field
- Knowledge of video game and/or telecom industry A PLUS.
- Ability to plan, organize and complete multiple projects also required
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirement to: email@example.com
Senior Corporate Communications Manager
Ubisoft , a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking a full-time Senior Corporate Communications Manager for its Public Relations department. This individual will report to the Director of Public Relations, and will be responsible for generating awareness for Ubisoft as an entertainment and technology company, as well as a key player in the interactive entertainment business.
The position requires 8 am – 5 pm work hours in order to meet (via phone) with the Paris Corporate Communications office on a daily basis, as well as to make contact with business publications and industry analysts in New York. Should be able to travel to New York and Paris as needed, as well as regular one-on-one meetings with Bay Area business writers in San Jose, Silicon Valley business publications, business sections and publications in the East Bay, San Francisco and the greater Bay Area at large. Strong US business press contacts.
Helpful to possess extensive knowledge about the videogame/entertainment business industry, as well as Ubisoft franchises / games, particularly the franchises and games that help build the company's reputation (e.g.. the Clancy Brand games, TV/movie licenses). Develop and implement publicity and corporate relations programs to communicate Ubisoft’s franchises, programs and events communicated through business trade, as well as key influencers and internal constituents in order to enhance the image of the brand and franchises by performing the following duties (listed below).
• Establish Ubisoft as a leading company within the gaming and entertainment industry, communicating with the top tier business media throughout North America (New York and top US market newspaper daily business media), as well as the greater San Francisco/Silicon Valley business community
• Proactively brand awareness amongst business media, analysts, potential business partners, influencers and consumers
• Garner credibility in the business community and demonstrate Ubisoft’s continued success and the validity of its business model
• Work in a team atmosphere in fast-pace environment, overseeing corporate communications messaging to external media as well as internal communications, marketing information and production groups.
• Devise PR strategies aimed at defining and increasing Ubisoft’s presence and recognition with the business audience, potential partners, etc., and positive PR as it relates to key personnel at Ubisoft.
• Is the primary contact and liaison between top-tier business media to Ubisoft key executive personnel and Ubisoft's Marketing Department for stories / inquiries involving Ubisoft's position as a brand.
• Responsible for developing and increasing awareness for Ubisoft as a corporate entity; supports product PR's efforts to augment brand recognition with the business and industry-related media.
• Work very closely with the international corporate communications team to create worldwide press releases, brochures, and press kits to communicate on Ubisoft as a company.
• Pitch the company’s ongoing story as a growth company and major player in the games industry and business marketplace. Write press releases, media advisories, fact sheets, talking points, Q&As, pitch letters and other documents for release to targeted media.
• Anticipate any issues or potential crisis and take action as appropriate. If necessary, alert other Ubisoft senior management to potential problems before they become situations. Develop a crisis communications question/answer documents/messages.
Essential Job Qualifications:
• minimum 7-10 years corporate communications work experience
• Expertise/knowledge of consumer technology and how it relates to business
• Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Public Relations or Mass Communications field.
Ubisoft is an international producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products. A leading company in the multimedia industry, Ubisoft's strong and diversified line-up has grown considerably, as has Ubisoft itself. As well as steadfastly continuing to partner with several high-profile companies, Ubisoft has also confirmed its presence on the global market by developing its own exceptional properties. Founded in 1986 in France, Ubisoft is now present on every continent, both through offices in 22 different countries including the United States, Brazil, Morocco, Germany and China and through sales of products in over 50 countries. The group is dedicated to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers around the world. Ubisoft generated a turnover of 453 million euros for the 2002/2003 fiscal year, up 23% over the previous fiscal year. To learn more, visit www.ubi.com
Ubisoft is an EOE and offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Please place the title of the position in the subject line of your email or fax
E-mail resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax resumes to (415) 547-4001
or mail them to: 625 Third Street; San Francisco, CA 94107
Interactive Entertainment Account Executive
Kohnke Communications, a boutique public relations agency specializing in interactive entertainment, seeks an Account Executive with industry-specific experience. We’re looking for a creative, well-connected professional to join our outstanding team and work with some of the most exciting clients in the video game industry.
Three to five years experience in an agency or internal PR position
In-depth knowledge of the video game industry
Editorial contacts in the mainstream and video game enthusiast media
Outstanding customer service and client management skills
Experience planning large-scale events
Ability to create and execute unique, detailed, cost-effective public relations plans
Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
Experience with media training
Manage clients on a day-to-day basis
Create and execute in-depth, unique, cost-effective public relations plans
Work effectively with internal and external teams
Identify new business opportunities, and participate in client pitches and proposals
Execute press tours, press conferences, and media events and provide tradeshow support
Participate in general management of a small business
Please submit your resume and a writing sample to email@example.com.